There are many hazards that can make tires less effective and more of a danger to drivers and passengers. Flat tires can be caused by a variety of factors including rough roads/potholes, tire punctures (from nails/glass/screws), a damaged valve system, worn out tires, and even hot weather. When a flat tire occurs, it is important to get it repaired as soon as possible. Driving on a flat tire can be dangerous, cause irrevocable damage to the tire and result in rim damage. Because flat tires are dangerous to use, it is advised that motorists only drive on them in extreme circumstances, such as when they need to reach safety from a busy highway. Signs that you may want to come in for a tire evaluation/repair include your TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) light is on, your tire looks flat, you hit something on the road, your steering wheeling is pulling to one side or you hear thumping/vibration noises. The sooner you bring in a lightly to moderately damaged tire for repair, the more likely it can be repaired and the less it will cost.
Hopkins, MN Flat Tire Repair
Tire repair services at Youngstedts, Hopkins include:
- A plug and patch on the tire lining, if the puncture is small and on the tread of the tire
- A patch, plug, and seal to the damaged area, if the puncture is over 1/4 inches
- Re-securing the tire to rim, if the tire is losing air due to the tire not being securely attached to wheel’s rim
- Valve system repair, if the tire is losing air due to a damaged valve system
- Re-inflation of tires
- Tire replacement of damaged or worn tires
Youngstedts services damaged and flat tires in Hopkins, MN
Repairing your flat tire(s) at Youngstedts keeps you safe on the road and can save you money in the long run. Fixing a flat tire immediately can minimize damage, help save the tire, and cost less. If you notice any signs of a flat tire, come into our Hopkins location and we will inspect and service your tires quickly and thoroughly. Schedule a flat tire repair appointment at Youngstedts in Hopkins, MN today!